My friend, this stuff is the bomb!
It’s the most complete form of protein (eggs) and plus an incredibly yummy fat (avocado) and the outcome is heavenly.
Plus it is SO quick and simple. Which honestly a must for me with my busy life!
I love packing this into a sandwich or pita or wrap or enjoying it with homemade pita chips (you can snag the recipe for those here).
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: I added a bunch of green onions which made for great taste and added texture.
- Put the eggs in a saucepan with water covering them by an inch or two. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let them sit for 12 minutes and they are ready!
- Use a slotted spoon to remove eggs from hot water. De-shell and chop and stick in a bowl.
- Scoop the avocado into the bowl as well and use a potato masher or a fork to mash.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil and mix with a spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, plus whatever else you want to spice it up!
- Eat right away or store covered in the fridge.
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.