My friend, this stuff is the bomb!
It’s the most complete form of protein (eggs) and plus an incredibly yummy fat (avocado) and the outcome is heavenly.
Plus it is SO quick and simple. Which honestly a must for me with my busy life!
I love packing this into a sandwich or pita or wrap or enjoying it with homemade pita chips (you can snag the recipe for those here).
- This recipe makes 3 servings
- Per serving, this recipe packs 6 g of carbs, 12 g of protein, and 20 g of fat, and 4 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: pair with as much carbs as you’re hungry for at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: pair with 36 to 48 grams of carbs (~2 slices of bread) within 1-2 hours your session.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: I added a bunch of green onions which made for great taste and added texture.
- Put the eggs in a saucepan with water covering them by an inch or two. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Let them sit for 12 minutes and they are ready!
- Use a slotted spoon to remove eggs from hot water. De-shell and chop and stick in a bowl.
- Scoop the avocado into the bowl as well and use a potato masher or a fork to mash.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil and mix with a spoon.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, plus whatever else you want to spice it up!
- Eat right away or store covered in the fridge.
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.