That’s how much hummus we made for our DIY wedding!
I’d made it a handful of times since but never got it come out quite right.
I always thought it was because I didn’t use tahini paste, but this tahini-free recipe is killer!
You can make it plain or add things like fresh rosemary or basil like we did for our big day to shake things up a little bit.
- Per 1/4 cup serving (this recipe makes 8) you get 14 g of carbs, 5 g of protein, and 10 g of fat, and 4 g of fiber.
- Pre-workout: pair with as much carbs as you’re hungry at least 1 hour before your session to give you enough time to digest.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein but you’ll likely want to eat it with some sort of carb (e.g pita bread). If you can, pair the hummus and carb of choice with a little more protein (e.g cheese) within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Blend everything together in a food processor until smooth! And that is literally it.
- Pair with veggies or pita chips (snag the recipe here).
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.