I’ve got a solution for your leftover rice!
And it’s pretty much dessert that you can have for breakfast, lunch, whenever!
Oh and did I mention it has 12 grams of protein per serving?
Plus it keeps perfectly good food out of the landfill which is good for our wallets and the planet. That’s what I call a win-win!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1.5 cups milk, divided
- ⅔ cup maple syrup (or sugar to taste, up to you!)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Handful of raisins
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon*
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg*
- pinch of salt
*depending on how strong you’d like the flavors to be
- Put cooked rice in a saucepan and use a spoon to break up any chunks
- Add 1 cup of milk, the maple syrup, and the salt and bring to boil
- Simmer till thick and frothy or around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat
- Whisk egg with ½ cup milk. Add to rice mixture and cook for two minutes stirring thoroughly
- Stir in butter and remove from heat
- Add raisins, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Grab a spoon an enjoy!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Breakfast can be a tough meal to get protein into if you’re not having something like eggs, meat, Greek yogurt, or protein powder. But this easy oatmeal recipe packs 25+ grams of protein! It’s also incredibly creamy and satisfying. The secret? Adding an egg at the end. Before you run away, hear me out! WhenContinue reading “Creamiest Naturally High-Protein Oatmeal”
Where has this been my whole life? I discovered chia pudding less than a year ago and I’ve been in-love since. It takes 3 seconds to make, is perfect to pack the night before (or the morning of when I want a mid-morning snack), and the flavor combinations are endless! Chia seeds are pretty neutralContinue reading “Basic Chia Pudding”
Overnight oats have become a breakfast staple of mine! They are easy peasy, can be prepped beforehand, keep me satisfied, can be flavored so many different ways, and full of goodness. Oats are a whole grain packed with fiber and protein that provide complex carbs for lasting energy. Milk adds extra protein and a decentContinue reading “Easy Overnight Oats”