I loooove crunchy things. I also love beans. But from a convenience standpoint, they aren’t the easiest to eat on the go unless you’ve got them in a Tupperware and have a spoon. And I’m on the go more often than not!
Enter roasted chickpeas. These little crunchy guys make a quick and easy snack that has a nice balance of complex carbs and protein (almost exactly 3:1 which is the macro ratio for post-workout fueling).
And they are the kind of thing you can munch on at the gym or crag which is so dope!
Last but not least they also add a fabulous crunch to salads (or any other dishes that can benefit from an extra crunch) and the flavor combinations are endless!
- Per serving, this recipe packs 20 g of carbs, 3 g of protein, and 6 g of fat, and 3 g of fiber.
- Pre-workout: have at least *** hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein! Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session. Pair with *** within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tsp oil
- Spices (I used ¼ tsp garlic powder and paprika and ½ tsp of salt and thyme)
- For a cinnamon sugar version use ½ tsp of cinnamon, 2 tbsp of sugar, and 1.5 tbsp of margarine (instead of oil)
- I also did some plain ones and coated them in melted chocolate!
- Next I want to try coating some in cheese powder!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse 1 can of chickpeas.
- Toss in oil or melted margarine and spices of your choosing.
- Bake for at least 30 minutes shaking the pan occasionally until they are crunchy.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.