The first time I made this, I was floored by how easy it was.
Like: HOW HAVE I NEVER MADE THIS BEFORE!?
SO freakin easy and SO freakin delicious.It’s not like granola is cheap either. And I am allllllll about delicious and affordable food!
And it can be spruced up with dried fruit, nuts, and whatever you can think of to put in it.
- Per serving (1/4 cup x 8), this recipe packs 24 g of carbs, 3 g of protein, and 10 g of fat, and 2 g of fiber.
- Pre-workout: have at least 1 or 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest.
- Post-workout: pair with protein (e.g greek yogurt) within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- splash of vanilla
- Optional: ½ cup nuts and/or ½ dried fruit*
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Beat or whisk the oil, maple syrup, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla
- Add the oats and mix thoroughly
- Optional: stir in nuts
- Spread evenly onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at least 25 minutes or until the oats are golden brown and smell toasted. The granola will still feel a little damp but with dry and harden as it cools. Stick the pan on a cooling rack until the granola is cool to the touch
- Optional: add dried fruit (adding after cooking prevents the fruit from becoming rock hard)
- Store granola in an airtight container at room temperature
*You may need to add a little extra maple syrup and/or oil to account for the adding dried fruit and nuts.
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
As the weather gets warmer, I transition from using the oven weekly to bake to the freezer. Yogurt bark is one of the greatest food discoveries ever and I’m bummed I didn’t know about it sooner. Greek yogurt + homemade granola + berries = mouth party And it’s perfect when you need a sweet snackContinue reading “Greek Yogurt Bark”
Another week, another blender muffin recipe! Seriously, I am on a roll and there’s no signs of stopping! I can’t believe baking a few batches of deliciousness every weekend wasn’t my norm a month or two ago. I guess I’m going to have to transition to frozen yogurt bars once the warmer weather hits, butContinue reading “Pumpkin Oat Blender Muffins”
There are so many things going for this recipe! It’s got veggies, whole grains from homemade oat flour, can be whipped up in a couple minutes, and tastes like dessert. Now don’t get me wrong, this recipe could have no nutritive perks to talk about and that would not make it bad. That’s the thingContinue reading “Zucchini Breakfast Bread”