Fun fact: we made 30+ pounds of hummus for our DIY wedding and a heap of these pita chips to go along with it!
They are SO easy to make and absolutely delicious with hummus or anything else you want to dip them in.
AND just six of these chips are packed with 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber and a dose of heart healthy fat! Plus all those carbs to fuel you for whatever you’re doing today.
Now I just need to make some hummus and I’m all set for some delicious snacking! Speaking of hummus, snag the recipe right here.
- Per serving (this recipe makes 5 or 6), this recipe packs 35 g of carbs, 7 g of protein, and 5 g of fat, and 6 g of fiber.
- Pre-workout: have at least 1 hour before your session to give you enough time to digest.
- Post-workout: this recipe is pretty close to the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 1 bag of whole wheat pita bread (5 or 6 loaves)
- Olive or vegetable oil to drizzle
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take one bag of whole wheat pitas and lightly coat with vegetable oil. You can do this multiple ways! A pastry brush makes it easy and less messy, but hands work too!
- Next, arrange chips on two cookie sheets and sprinkle with salt and pepper (or whatever seasoning you want).
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes (and rotate the top and bottom pans halfway through if they don’t fit on the same rack).
- Once finished, transfer the chips to a cooling rack till room temperature. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.