Where are my taco lovers at? Seriously, a goal of mine is to to eat more tacos right now.
They are quick to whip up, satisfying, and SO DELICIOUS!
We’ve made these shrimp tacos a handful of times now and they are fast becoming a Jorritsma fav.
Next I need to try chicken! And fajitas! Here are the deets so they can become your fav too.
- Per serving, this recipe packs 18 g of carbs, 15 g of protein, and 1 g of fat, and 6 g of fiber.
- Pre-workout: have at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: ideally you’d add ~30 grams of carbs for the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 12 oz bag of frozen/cooked shrimp, thawed
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4-6 small flour tortillas
- Diced red onion and tomato
- Chopped lettuce
- Fresh lemon juice
- Shredded cheddar
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Drizzle vegetable oil in a medium size skillet. Add spices and shrimp and sautee until shrimp is heated through.
- Prepare toppings. If you want you can lightly toast the tortillas in a toaster oven or a frying pan.
- Top shrimp with your favorite additions and enjoy!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitan on instagram.