I’ll be honest—I wasn’t a fan of turkey burgers for a while. I felt like I was getting cheated out of a yummy beef burger most of the time. They were just dry, lacking flavor, and just not as tasty.
Not anymore! You guys these are the easiest and most yummy turkey burgers I’ve made. They are moist, flavorful, and delicious. Plus they took less than 20 minutes to whip up!
They also are husband-approved! Zach said they didn’t even taste like turkey burgers.
You may be thinking, why eat turkey burgers when you can eat beef burgers? It’s recommended to limit red meat to no more than 2 servings per week for heart health (since red meat is higher in saturated fat).
Poultry is also quite a bit easier on the environment—but that’s another story for another post!
Here’s how you can make these burgers for a quick and yummy dinner.
- 1 small red onion, diced
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- 1.3 lbs ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 8 slices of cheese of choice
- Burger buns
- Red onion slices
- Lettuce & tomato
- Ketchup & mustard
- BBQ sauce or chipotle mayo
- In a large covered skillet, drizzle vegetable oil and cook onions on medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes until soft and golden brown
- Mix ground turkey and spices. Add in finished onions
- Form into 6-8 patties (make thinner for quicker cooking)
- Cook on medium heat in the covered skillet for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked through, add cheese and cover for one more minute until melted.
- Add toppings and enjoy! These are delicious even with just ketchup, mustard, and BBQ sauce but load as many extras on as you have/want.
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.