Got leftover mashed potatoes? We certainly did after Easter dinner and these pancakes were an easy way to repurpose them (as well as some leftover ham we had too).
You can do just about anything when it comes to what you put inside these potato pancakes but ham (or sausage) and cheese is killer combo. Either way, they are a great leftover meal to empty out the fridge!
- This recipe makes about 2 servings
- Per serving there are 52 g of carbs, 16 g of protein, and 16 g of fat
- Pre-workout: have at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- Optional: ½ cup diced ham or sausage (cooked)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients (except oil) together in a bowl
- Using your hands, form 8 patties. Place them in a skillet drizzled lightly with oil, and cook for ~3 minutes on each side over medium heat till browned and crispy
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.