Got a banana you need to use up and looking for a scrumptious breakfast?
I find myself in this situation quite a lot despite my attempts to get to the bananas before they’re past prime (which for me is not green anymore).
But honestly I’m cool with it because there are so many delicious ways to use old bananas. Like these pancakes!
These only take a couple of minutes to whip up and are delicious topped with whipped cream, maple syrup, and walnuts.
Per serving, this recipe packs *** g of carbs, *** g of protein, and *** g of fat, and *** g of fiber.
Pre-workout: have at least *** hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein! Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session. Pair with *** within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 mashed banana
- Mix together dry ingredients (sift the flour for fluffier pancakes)
- Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined (avoid over mixing to maximize fluffiness)
- Lightly grease a skillet or griddle and make them pancakes!
- This recipe makes about 8 5-inch pancakes. Leftovers keep great in the freezer and are yummy toasted!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes to Use up Bananas
I am SO in love with blender muffins right now! How have I gone my whole life without them? This is kind the theme of my cooking/baking recently. I’m discovering so many beautiful delicious new things and it is so freakin awesome! If you’ve never heard of blender muffins (or breads) before, you pretty muchContinue reading “Banana Oat Blender Muffins”