Have you tried blender baking yet? If not YOU ARE MISSING OUT my friend!
Ever since I discovered these, I’ve been banging out recipe after recipe and I still have so many ideas. I get tired of eating the same thing over and over again so having a bunch of different blender muffins and breads to rotate between is just amazing!
I also love starting my day with something delicious and nourishing! Oats are a whole grain packed with fiber that helps to balance blood sugar, lower blood cholesterol, and keep our guts happy (to just name a few benefits). Bananas are also good sources of fiber.
And cocoa powder and dark chocolate contains polyphenolic compounds called flavonoids which act as antioxidants, fighting inflammation. It is also rich in magnesium, copper, and iron.
- Per serving, this recipe packs 30 g of carbs, 5 g of protein, and 8 g of fat, and 3 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: eat these in the hour leading up to your session. If more than an hour before, pair with some extra protein/fat (like a cheese stick, nut butter, yogurt, etc) to keep you satisfied.
- Post-workout: pair each serving with ~5 grams of protein (for that 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein) within 1-2 hours of your session
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Put all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor
- Blend until smooth
- Pour the batter into a greased 13×9 pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack
- Cover and keep at room temperature or freeze
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I am SO in love with blender muffins right now! How have I gone my whole life without them? This is kind the theme of my cooking/baking recently. I’m discovering so many beautiful delicious new things and it is so freakin awesome! If you’ve never heard of blender muffins (or breads) before, you pretty muchContinue reading “Banana Oat Blender Muffins”
Got a banana you need to use up and looking for a scrumptious breakfast? I find myself in this situation quite a lot despite my attempts to get to the bananas before they’re past prime (which for me is not green anymore). But honestly I’m cool with it because there are so many delicious waysContinue reading “Banana Pancakes”
Another week, another blender muffin recipe! Seriously, I am on a roll and there’s no signs of stopping! I can’t believe baking a few batches of deliciousness every weekend wasn’t my norm a month or two ago. I guess I’m going to have to transition to frozen yogurt bars once the warmer weather hits, butContinue reading “Pumpkin Oat Blender Muffins”