Are you ever craving pancakes but you want something quick and easy without a bunch of leftovers?
I gotchu covered! Pancakes for one were a go-to breakfast and snack during college and I’m bringing it back now that I’m working at home most days.
This recipe makes about 3, 5-inch pancakes but you can double it if you’re famished. If you do end up with leftovers, they keep well in the fridge (or longer in the freezer) and are best toasted!
- Per serving, this recipe packs 58 g of carbs, 16 g of protein, and 21 g of fat, and 2 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: have at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein! Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- Mix together dry ingredients (sift the flour for fluffier pancakes)
- Add wet ingredients and stir just until combined (avoid over mixing to maximize fluffiness)
- Lightly grease a skillet or griddle and make them pancakes!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you’ve got bananas constantly going bad on you, you’ve got to try these blender muffins! I personally don’t like bananas when they aren’t green anymore so I’m making blender muffins on the regular or throwing bananas in the freezer for smoothies. Recipe notes If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you canContinue reading “Butterscotch Banana Oat Blender Muffins”
Okay so I know it’s officially fall now but here in southern CT we’re still having some warm summer days—which means it still smoothie weather! Smoothies are a great way to get in some fruit as well as a bunch of protein and calcium! This smoothie has one and a half servings of fruit, aroundContinue reading “Strawberry Banana Smoothie”
I don’t know about your neck of the woods but here in southern CT it’s been hot! Steamy days and not-cool-enough nights have got me working in a bathing suit most days (not because we have water around but just because it’s the least amount of clothes I can wear while still wearing, you know,Continue reading “2-Ingredient Banana Cream Smoothie”