Nothing like a delicious breakfast that comes together in less than 10 minutes am I right?
Breakfast burritos are perfect for leftover baked or roasted potatoes or home fries but you can also cook some up quick. You can include any extras like veggies or protein (sausage, ham, bacon). Get creative with the cheese as well! Cheddar is obviously classic but pepper jack, provolone, blue cheese, and goat cheese are AMAZING as well.
This recipe feeds two people or one very hungry person. If you want you can double or triple it for easy to reheat leftovers! These also freeze well and can be reheated in the toaster oven or microwave.
- Per serving, this recipe packs 43 g of carbs, 18 g of protein, and 19 g of fat, and 3 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: have at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: this recipe is close to the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein. Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 medium-large potato diced and or 1 cup leftovers
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2, 8-inch tortillas
- Protein: ham, Canadian bacon, bacon (turkey or regular), sausage (chicken/turkey or regular)*
- Veggies: mushrooms, onions, peppers, spinach, tomatoes)
*Limit red meat to no more than two servings per week for heart health as it’s high in saturated fat!
- Drizzle oil in a skillet and add leftover potatoes
- If you don’t have any leftover potatoes, cook diced potato in a covered skillet until soft (~10 minutes)
- Add in eggs and any other ingredients and scramble over medium heat
- When finished, add cheese, cover with a lid, and cook for another minute or two
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Got leftover mashed potatoes? We certainly did after Easter dinner and these pancakes were an easy way to repurpose them (as well as some leftover ham we had too). You can do just about anything when it comes to what you put inside these potato pancakes but ham (or sausage) and cheese is killer combo.Continue reading “Savory Potato Pancakes”
French toast is one of the best breakfasts out there, but sometimes I’m not up for all of the work. Sure it’s not that time-consuming but there’s mixing and soaking and plopping and watching and flipping and a couple rounds before it’s all done. That’s why this casserole is so great! All the deliciousness ofContinue reading “French Toast Casserole”
This is one of my all time favorite types of pancakes! It reminds me of family pancake breakfasts at local spots during maple season in upstate New York. There are a couple of ways you can prepare the apples for these pancakes. You can either dice the apple or peel and grate it (like youContinue reading “Apple Pancakes”