This has become one of my favorite on-the-go breakfasts or snacks! It’s honestly like dessert that takes 60 seconds to whip up. What’s better than that?
Enjoy by itself, with fruit, granola, or sweet pita chips. Also ahhhmazing with whipped cream!
- Greek yogurt provides 1/3 of your daily calcium needs and 20+ grams of protein
- Cocoa powder polyphenolic compounds called flavonoids which act as antioxidants and fight inflammation. It is also rich in magnesium, copper, and iron
- Pre-climbing, pair with as much carbs as you’re hungry for at least 1-2 hours before your session
- Post-climbing, pair each serving with 60-80 grams of carbs for that ideal 3-4:1 ratio.
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder (or more if you want!)
- Sugar (or another sweetener) to taste (I do ~2 tbsp)
- Mix everything together carefully (the cocoa powder has a mind of it’s own and likes to get everywhere).
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Where has this been my whole life? I discovered chia pudding less than a year ago and I’ve been in-love since. It takes 3 seconds to make, is perfect to pack the night before (or the morning of when I want a mid-morning snack), and the flavor combinations are endless! Chia seeds are pretty neutralContinue reading “Basic Chia Pudding”
As the weather gets warmer, I transition from using the oven weekly to bake to the freezer. Yogurt bark is one of the greatest food discoveries ever and I’m bummed I didn’t know about it sooner. Greek yogurt + homemade granola + berries = mouth party And it’s perfect when you need a sweet snackContinue reading “Greek Yogurt Bark”
Overnight oats have become a breakfast staple of mine! They are easy peasy, can be prepped beforehand, keep me satisfied, can be flavored so many different ways, and full of goodness. Oats are a whole grain packed with fiber and protein that provide complex carbs for lasting energy. Milk adds extra protein and a decentContinue reading “Easy Overnight Oats”