If you like spinach ravioli, you’re going to love this recipe! It’s pretty much a deconstructed version of it.
It kind of happened by accident while I was testing out an Alfredo sauce and was going to add chicken and broccoli. I was 90% done with the sauce when I realized we were out of frozen broccoli (thanks COVID-19 haha) but I figured spinach would be just as tasty!
Creamy pasta dishes are about to become my favorite all-in-one meal. It’s a great way to add in veggies and stretch your protein!
- 1 lb pasta
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 2, 12-oz cans of evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1, 10-oz block of frozen spinach (microwaved for 1 min) or 1 bag, fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions adding 1 teaspoon of salt to the water when boiling
- Remove from heat once al dente, strain and rinse with cold water (to prevent overcooking)
- While the water is boiling, cook chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat for 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan
- With the skillet removed from heat, mix cornstarch with a splash of evaporated milk till completely dissolved
- Add in the rest of the evaporated milk, stirring very throughly so cornstarch is well dispersed
- Heat sauce over medium-high heat stirring frequently (to keep from clumping) until thick and frothy
- Stir in cheese until melted and sauce is smooth
- Add in spinach and cook until heated through
- Add in chicken and salt and pepper to taste
- Return pasta to the pot, combine with sauce and serve
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
OMG. I hit the jackpot with this macaroni and cheese recipe! I’ve always loved homemade mac and cheese, but I used to make a roux from scratch which involved mixing oil and flour and then adding in a little bit of milk at a time for forever! A roux makes a great base for anyContinue reading “Easiest Macaroni & Cheese”
So we got this awesome crock-pot set as a wedding gift that we’d had for almost two years now but never used. Which makes no sense because I love finding efficient ways to do things and crock-pots are a real time saver! Anyways, I finally broke it out with a vegetarian chili recipe inspired byContinue reading “Crock-Pot Vegetarian Chili”
One thing I’ve really been loving about starting the Bite Beta Blog is reconnecting with some of my favorite foods growing up! As I create more and more recipes I’m reminded of delicious things I ate growing up that I want to share with you. These were hands down my favorite way to eat potatoesContinue reading “Easy Roasted Potatoes”