OMG. This is one of my favorite successful baking experiments of all time! I modified my lemon Greek yogurt muffin recipe and added cranberries to make this bread and it came out SO good.
It’s lightly sweet, tangy, and so satisfying. And a blender bread! Meaning you dump all the ingredients (minus the cranberries) in a blender, whip it up, and that’s literally it.
Because the batter is made in a blender, you can use whole oats which pretty much end up becoming oat flour in the process! If you don’t have a blender or food processor and still want to try this, you can just substitute one and a half cups of white or whole wheat flour.
- Per serving, this recipe packs 24 g of carbs, 4 g of protein, and 7 g of fat, and 3 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: eat these in the hour leading up to your session. If more than an hour before, pair with some extra protein/fat (like a cheese stick, nut butter, yogurt, etc) to keep you satisfied.
- Post-workout: pair each serving with 2-4 grams of protein (for that 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein) within 1-2 hours of your session
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (if making the glaze, save 2 tsp of lemon juice)
- 2 cups of cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- Optional: ~½ cup powdered sugar for glaze
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put all the ingredients except for the cranberries in a food processor and blend until very smooth
- Mix in the cranberries
- Transfer mixture into a greased 13×9 inch pan
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Optional: mix reserved lemon juice with powdered sugar and drizzle over muffins once cooled
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I am SO in love with blender muffins right now! How have I gone my whole life without them? This is kind the theme of my cooking/baking recently. I’m discovering so many beautiful delicious new things and it is so freakin awesome! If you’ve never heard of blender muffins (or breads) before, you pretty muchContinue reading “Banana Oat Blender Muffins”
Cranberries were on sale at Aldi for ninety-nine cents so of course I had to grab a couple of bags (even though I still have a few in my freezer from the last time). I did get around to using them this time in this delicious breakfast bread made with homemade oat flour and GreekContinue reading “Cranberry Orange Breakfast Bread”
Another week, another blender muffin recipe! Seriously, I am on a roll and there’s no signs of stopping! I can’t believe baking a few batches of deliciousness every weekend wasn’t my norm a month or two ago. I guess I’m going to have to transition to frozen yogurt bars once the warmer weather hits, butContinue reading “Pumpkin Oat Blender Muffins”