Red onions + feta = one of my favorite flavor combinations in the world (and I’m the worst at committing to a favorite)!
The sweet crunchy onions and salty feta cheese just make something magical together that is incredible with just about anything including grilled chicken.
I usually make this dish chicken cutlet style but I couldn’t bring myself to turn on the stove and make them in a skillet in the interest of creating as little heat in our south-facing apartment as possible! If you don’t have a grill, baking the chicken in the oven works great too.
Serve over or with a salad with croutons, in a wrap, or with another starch and veggie.
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz block of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 red onion, diced
- Cut the chicken breasts into halves or quarters
- In a bowl or plastic bag, toss the chicken and the Italian dressing to coat and let sit for as long as you can. If you’re short on time, you can cook the chicken right away
- Place chicken on the grill and season with salt and pepper. Grill at medium high heat for 10 minutes or until cooked through
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the feta and red onion
- Remove chicken from grill and top with feta and red onion
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I’ll be honest—I wasn’t a fan of turkey burgers for a while. I felt like I was getting cheated out of a yummy beef burger most of the time. They were just dry, lacking flavor, and just not as tasty. Not anymore! You guys these are the easiest and most yummy turkey burgers I’ve made.Continue reading “Easy (Delicious) Turkey Burgers”
My friend, this stuff is the bomb! It’s the most complete form of protein (eggs) and plus an incredibly yummy fat (avocado) and the outcome is heavenly. Plus it is SO quick and simple. Which honestly a must for me with my busy life! I love packing this into a sandwich or pita or wrapContinue reading “Avocado Egg Salad”
Pizza is hands down one of my favorite foods. But I often don’t have the time or energy to make pizza from scratch every time I want it. Enter the pita pizza. This is the perfect way to make delicious pizza in 10 minutes flat. All of the things you love about homemade pizza withContinue reading “Pita Pizza”