My first ever blender muffins were banana oat and I fell in love! And when I had some leftover lemons to use up, my first thought was muffins.
I LOVE the simplicity of blender muffins but I wasn’t sure how well these would hold up without the banana to bind everything together. Happy to report that this experiment turned out to be delicious! These muffins are a lightly sweet citrusy treat you can enjoy for breakfast or a snack or dessert (or whenever) that are naturally packed with fiber and protein.
I want to try another batch with cranberries at some point! And poppy seeds! Stay tuned.
- Per serving, this recipe packs 22 g of carbs, 4 g of protein, and 7 g of fat, and 3 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: eat these in the hour leading up to your session. If more than an hour before, pair with some extra protein/fat (like a cheese stick, nut butter, yogurt, etc) to keep you satisfied.
- Post-workout: pair each serving with ~5 grams of protein (for that 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein) within 1-2 hours of your session
- 2 cups old fashioned oats (plus extra to sprinkle)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (if making the glaze, save 2 tsp of lemon juice)
- Optional: ~½ cup powdered sugar for glaze
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Put the ingredients in a food processor and blend until very smooth
- Transfer into a greased muffin tin and sprinkle muffins with oats
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove and cool in pan on cooking rack for several minutes before removing from pan
- Optional: mix reserved lemon juice with powdered sugar and drizzle over muffins once cooled
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I am SO in love with blender muffins right now! How have I gone my whole life without them? This is kind the theme of my cooking/baking recently. I’m discovering so many beautiful delicious new things and it is so freakin awesome! If you’ve never heard of blender muffins (or breads) before, you pretty muchContinue reading “Banana Oat Blender Muffins”
Have you tried blender baking yet? If not YOU ARE MISSING OUT my friend! Ever since I discovered these, I’ve been banging out recipe after recipe and I still have so many ideas. I get tired of eating the same thing over and over again so having a bunch of different blender muffins and breadsContinue reading “Double Chocolate Banana Blender Bread”
Another week, another blender muffin recipe! Seriously, I am on a roll and there’s no signs of stopping! I can’t believe baking a few batches of deliciousness every weekend wasn’t my norm a month or two ago. I guess I’m going to have to transition to frozen yogurt bars once the warmer weather hits, butContinue reading “Pumpkin Oat Blender Muffins”
OMG. This is one of my favorite successful baking experiments of all time! I modified my lemon Greek yogurt muffin recipe and added cranberries to make this bread and it came out SO good. It’s lightly sweet, tangy, and so satisfying. And a blender bread! Meaning you dump all the ingredients (minus the cranberries) inContinue reading “Cranberry Lemon Blender Bread”
Looking for something to bake this weekend? You’ve got to try these super easy and yummy breakfast muffins! In the cooler seasons, I typically bake on the weekends and if we’re not careful, most of our breakfast/snack baked goods are gobbled up before Monday even hits because they are that yummy! It’s the best problemContinue reading “Apple Oat Breakfast Muffins”