We’re a few weeks into the hot weather here in southern CT and we’re already avoiding cooking inside!
Zach is the grill-master of our house and this is his recipe! Next time I want to try cooking the zucchini directly on the grill.
Note: the more zucchini you do, the larger or the more foil pouches you’ll need and/or the longer it will take to cook! I did three zucchini in one large pouch and it was finished in 20 minutes.
- These are an easy way to get some color and fiber into your meal. I love leftover zucchini over pasta with parmesan cheese!
- Zucchini (~1/2-1 per person)
- Drizzle of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice zucchini into quarter-inch rounds
- Arrange the rounds about 1 inch from the edges on a sheet of foil large enough to cover the top of the zucchini as well
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If you’re doing a lot of zucchini, season half of the zucchini before adding the top layer
- Fold over the edges of the top and bottom layers of foil at least twice
- Place the foil pouch on a heated grill and cook at medium high heat for 10-20 minutes (depending on how many zucchini you do)
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
When I’m planning or preparing a meal, I’ve got three things to think about: protein + carb + veggie. That’s basically how I approach lunch and dinner and I mix and match lots of different options! Potatoes are an awesome versatile starch. You have probably heard someone say that they are a vegetable but fromContinue reading “Microwave Baked Potatoes”
I’ll be honest—I wasn’t a fan of turkey burgers for a while. I felt like I was getting cheated out of a yummy beef burger most of the time. They were just dry, lacking flavor, and just not as tasty. Not anymore! You guys these are the easiest and most yummy turkey burgers I’ve made.Continue reading “Easy (Delicious) Turkey Burgers”
Pizza is hands down one of my favorite foods. But I often don’t have the time or energy to make pizza from scratch every time I want it. Enter the pita pizza. This is the perfect way to make delicious pizza in 10 minutes flat. All of the things you love about homemade pizza withContinue reading “Pita Pizza”