Finally got around to regularly breaking out the crock pot for some much needed speedy week-night dinners! This chicken breast is juicy and flavorful, but mild enough to be used a bunch of different ways. Serve it over a salad, shred it for a sandwich, put it on a pizza—so many options!
If you’re more of a wing it person than a measure everything person you can just sprinkle a little of each of the seasonings below on both sides of the chicken breast. If not, the measurements are here too! I measured this time but I’ll probably wing it going forward 😛
- General fueling: pair with carbs and color for a balanced meal
- Pre-workout: pair with carbs (plus color if you can) and eat at least 2-4 hours before a session. Because protein takes more time to digest, you want to build in some times so you’re ready to crush it!
- Post-workout: again pair with carbs (and color) and eat within 1-2 hours after a session to maximize recovery. The carbohydrates replenish glycogen stores an protein helps with muscle repair! How cool is science, right?
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock (or 1/4 cup of water + 1/4 teaspoon of chicken bullion powder)
- Drizzle of oil
- Mix your spices and sprinkle half of the mixture over the chicken breasts
- Flip the chicken and season the other side
- Drizzle with oil and add the chicken stock (be careful not to wash off all of the spices)
- Cook on high for 2 hours until cooked through
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I was that weird kid who loved split pea soup as a kid! I practically lived on it in college because a dollar bag of split peas could get me through a week of dinners. Now there’s a little more variety in my diet (haha) but I still love me a steaming bowl of thisContinue reading “Crock Pot Split Pea Soup”
Red onions + feta = one of my favorite flavor combinations in the world (and I’m the worst at committing to a favorite)! The sweet crunchy onions and salty feta cheese just make something magical together that is incredible with just about anything including grilled chicken. I usually make this dish chicken cutlet style butContinue reading “Grilled Chicken with Feta & Red Onion”
If you like spinach ravioli, you’re going to love this recipe! It’s pretty much a deconstructed version of it. It kind of happened by accident while I was testing out an Alfredo sauce and was going to add chicken and broccoli. I was 90% done with the sauce when I realized we were out ofContinue reading “Creamy Spinach & Chicken Pasta”