Chia pudding literally is the easiest to make! It’s also perfect to pack the night before (or the morning of when I want a mid-morning snack) and this particular flavor reminds me of those chocolate pudding cups I snacked on growing up!
Chia seeds may be tiny but they pack a punch when it comes to fiber, Omega 3 fatty acids (for happy hearts) and plant-based protein. Chia pudding doesn’t have a whole lot of carbs so I tend to pair it with a piece of fruit or a breakfast muffin for a well-rounded meal or snack!
Want to spruce it up a little bit? Add in some shredded coconut and a splash of coconut extract!
- Per serving, this recipe packs 43 g of carbs, 13 g of protein, and 10 g of fat, and 10 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: have at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein! Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1-1.5 tablespoons of sugar (you can also use honey or maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup of milk
- Combine all ingredients in an 8oz mason jar, bowl, or Tupperware container
- Shake or mix thoroughly
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours or overnight
- Top with fruit (and whatever else sounds good) or enjoy as is!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Overnight oats have become a breakfast staple of mine! They are easy peasy, can be prepped beforehand, keep me satisfied, can be flavored so many different ways, and full of goodness. Oats are a whole grain packed with fiber and protein that provide complex carbs for lasting energy. Milk adds extra protein and a decentContinue reading “Easy Overnight Oats”
This rich smoothie pretty much tastes like dessert and packs one and a half servings of fruit, around 30 grams of natural protein, and two-thirds of your daily calcium. In the colder weather, I rely on blender muffins and breads to use up my past-prime bananas (so anything that isn’t green anymore). But once itContinue reading “Chocolate Banana Smoothie”
This has become one of my favorite on-the-go breakfasts or snacks! It’s honestly like dessert that takes 60 seconds to whip up. What’s better than that? Enjoy by itself, with fruit, granola, or sweet pita chips. Also ahhhmazing with whipped cream! Fueling notes: Greek yogurt provides 1/3 of your daily calcium needs and 20+ gramsContinue reading “Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse”
Have you tried blender baking yet? If not YOU ARE MISSING OUT my friend! Ever since I discovered these, I’ve been banging out recipe after recipe and I still have so many ideas. I get tired of eating the same thing over and over again so having a bunch of different blender muffins and breadsContinue reading “Double Chocolate Banana Blender Bread”