Okay so I know it’s not fall right now, so maybe all things pumpkins should be on hold, but I have no regrets with this amazing blender bread!
It is soft, sweet, spicy and freakin delicious especially with raisins sprinkled in. If you’re feeling chocolatey, swap the raisins out for dark chocolate chips or do both! This recipe is also amazing with walnuts.
- If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can swap the 2 cups of oats for a cup and a half of oat flour (which you could make with a coffee grinder) or regular white or whole wheat flour.
- Per serving, this recipe packs 28 g of carbs, 3 g of protein, and 6 g of fat, and 2 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: eat these in the hour leading up to your session. If more than an hour before, pair with some extra protein/fat (like a cheese stick, nut butter, yogurt, etc) to keep you satisfied.
- Post-workout: pair each serving with ~5 grams of protein (for that 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein) within 1-2 hours of your session
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- Oats to sprinkle on muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 13×9 pan (you can also use a bread pan or muffin tin)
- Put all ingredients except the raisins and extra oats into food processor and blend until smooth
- Once done blending, stir in raisins. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with oats
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack before removing from pan
- Then store in an airtight container or freeze any extras to enjoy later
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I am SO in love with blender muffins right now! How have I gone my whole life without them? This is kind the theme of my cooking/baking recently. I’m discovering so many beautiful delicious new things and it is so freakin awesome! If you’ve never heard of blender muffins (or breads) before, you pretty muchContinue reading “Banana Oat Blender Muffins”
OMG. This is one of my favorite successful baking experiments of all time! I modified my lemon Greek yogurt muffin recipe and added cranberries to make this bread and it came out SO good. It’s lightly sweet, tangy, and so satisfying. And a blender bread! Meaning you dump all the ingredients (minus the cranberries) inContinue reading “Cranberry Lemon Blender Bread”
My first ever blender muffins were banana oat and I fell in love! And when I had some leftover lemons to use up, my first thought was muffins. I LOVE the simplicity of blender muffins but I wasn’t sure how well these would hold up without the banana to bind everything together. Happy to reportContinue reading “Lemon Greek Yogurt Blender Muffins”
There are so many things going for this recipe! It’s got veggies, whole grains from homemade oat flour, can be whipped up in a couple minutes, and tastes like dessert. Now don’t get me wrong, this recipe could have no nutritive perks to talk about and that would not make it bad. That’s the thingContinue reading “Zucchini Breakfast Bread”
Looking for something to bake this weekend? You’ve got to try these super easy and yummy breakfast muffins! In the cooler seasons, I typically bake on the weekends and if we’re not careful, most of our breakfast/snack baked goods are gobbled up before Monday even hits because they are that yummy! It’s the best problemContinue reading “Apple Oat Breakfast Muffins”