I’m doing less and less cooking on the stove or in the oven with summer being upon us (in a little south-facing apartment that we don’t want to run the A/C in all day).
When we were building our wedding registry we just happened to go for a toaster oven instead of a toaster and man has it been SO handy! You can also make this in a skillet with the lid on (definitely cooler than using the oven) which is how we used to make them in the back-country back in my canoe trip leading days.
I made this pizza with leftover grilled chicken but you could also just do cheese! We were out of tomato sauce so I made this as a white pizza but it would also be delicious with sauce!
- 1 pizza has 40 g of carbs and 34 g of protein w/ chicken (24 g w/o)
- Pre-workout: good choice if you have 2+ hours until your session
- Post-workout: eat within 2 hours of your session
- Consider pairing with fruit or another source of carbs for optimal fueling and recovery
- 1 pita (whole wheat are my fav)
- Drizzle of oil or tomato sauce
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup of cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons of feta cheese
- Optional: garlic powder and red pepper flakes
- If you’ll be using an oven, preheat it to 350 degrees. You can also use a toaster oven or a skillet + lid
- Drizzle oil or spread the sauce on the pita then add the chicken first (to keep it moist) followed by mozzarella cheese, feta, and red onion
- Cook for around 10 minutes in the oven or toaster oven or for about 5 minutes on low heat in a covered skillet until the cheese is melted
- Enjoy your mini piece of joy!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes to Check Out
I’m really bad at picking favorites. It kind of stresses me out because I’m pretty multi-passionate and love a lot of things! But hands down, homemade pizza is definitely one of my favorite foods. Growing up, we made pizza almost every Friday night and I loved it. When Zach and I were planning our wedding,Continue reading “Homemade Pizza”
What tastes better than pizza? Pizza in the back-country after a long day of canoeing. I first discovered back-country pizza alternatives in the Adirondacks back in my college summers when I led 11-day trips. I 100% brought back to the front-country because who doesn’t like delicious, quick pizza burritos? They were always a massive hitContinue reading “Pizza Pockets”
Homemade pizza is hands down one of my absolute favorite foods! Growing up, we made it almost every Friday night using this very pizza dough recipe. I’m the sort of person that enjoys the ability to be spontaneous. I like to have both staple ingredients and DIY decor or construction supplies so that when IContinue reading “Bread Machine Pizza Dough”