We made an insane amount of pita chips for our wedding but I’ve never tried tortilla chips till today!
These are so good and take just 10 minutes in the toaster oven and this recipe is for one tortilla but you can make as many as you’re hungry for.
They can also either be sweet (sugar and cinnamon) or savory! So many flavor options.
- Per 8 chips, there are 22 grams of carbs, 4 grams of protein, and 7 grams of fat
- Pre-workout: because fat takes a little longer to digest, consume these at least 2 hours before a session or you can make them without the oiL
- Post-workout: on their own these tortilla chips have a 4:1 ration of carbs to protein and ideal for after your session. Just make sure you’re getting at least 15-25 grams of protein overall
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (can also do white)
- Drizzle of oil (about 1 teaspoon)
- Salt and pepper (or other seasoning) to taste
- Drizzle oil on one side of the tortilla and spread evenly using a pastry brush or your fingers
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and flip
- Repeat on the other side of the tortilla and then cut into 8 pieces
- Toast in the toaster oven for 8-10 minutes flipping pieces halfway through until they are golden brown and brittle
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and refrigerate any extras in a airtight container
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Fun fact: we made 30+ pounds of hummus for our DIY wedding and a heap of these pita chips to go along with it! They are SO easy to make and absolutely delicious with hummus or anything else you want to dip them in. AND just six of these chips are packed with 7 gramsContinue reading “Whole Wheat Pita Chips”
36 pounds. That’s how much hummus we made for our DIY wedding! I’d made it a handful of times since but never got it come out quite right. I always thought it was because I didn’t use tahini paste, but this tahini-free recipe is killer! You can make it plain or add things like freshContinue reading “Easiest Homemade Hummus”
Pizza is hands down one of my favorite foods. But I often don’t have the time or energy to make pizza from scratch every time I want it. Enter the pita pizza. This is the perfect way to make delicious pizza in 10 minutes flat. All of the things you love about homemade pizza withContinue reading “Pita Pizza”