Homemade salad dressing is the bomb. It’s wicked easy to make, cheap, and helps prevent plastic waste! AND most importantly it’s delicious.
This is a single serving recipe but you can also make a larger batch and store it in the fridge. You can also try a thicker, higher protein version with Greek yogurt.
This goes great with grilled chicken breast, red onions, chunks of apple, and sharp cheddar cheese!
- Per serving, this dressing packs 17 grams of carbs and 14 grams of fat
- To fuel with a salad (especially pre-climbing) make sure you’re including plenty of carbs (fruit, croutons, beans, etc) and some protein at least 2 hours before climbing or ideally no more than an hour or two afterwards
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of southwestern spicy mustard (I get this at Aldi) or honey mustard with a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl or Tupperware
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
How have I been living without Greek yogurt salad dressing for 25 years? Super easy to make, absolutely delicious, and a great way to sneak in a few extra grams of protein! This is a single serving recipe but you can also make a larger batch and store it in the fridge for a fewContinue reading “Spicy Greek Yogurt Honey-Mustard Dressing for One”
My friend, this stuff is the bomb! It’s the most complete form of protein (eggs) and plus an incredibly yummy fat (avocado) and the outcome is heavenly. Plus it is SO quick and simple. Which honestly a must for me with my busy life! I love packing this into a sandwich or pita or wrapContinue reading “Avocado Egg Salad”
Pizza is hands down one of my favorite foods. But I often don’t have the time or energy to make pizza from scratch every time I want it. Enter the pita pizza. This is the perfect way to make delicious pizza in 10 minutes flat. All of the things you love about homemade pizza withContinue reading “Pita Pizza”