I freakin love ice cream cakes! They’re a perfect mixture of ice cream, cake or cookies, and whatever else you feel like adding.
I made this particular one for Zach’s 25th birthday a couple months back and it was SO simple and SO delicious.
Both were a necessity since you can’t have an undelicious birthday dessert and most of our apartment was packed up in anticipation of closing on our new house (which happened a few days after)!
- This recipe is very forgiving so the cookie or whipped topping amounts do not need to be exact
- You can use any crunchy cookies for the crust! I used chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies from Aldi.
- I used whipped topping but feel free to whip your own cream as well if you’re up for a little more work!
- This dessert is a great source of carbs! You can use it to fuel pre-climbing and pair it with some protein post-climbing.
- 1/2 of a large package (or ~13 oz) of sandwich cookies broken into chunks
- 1/2 gallon of your fav ice cream, softened (I used chocolate chip cookie dough)
- 1 container (8 oz) of whipped topping
- Recommended: 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- Line the bottom of a pie plate with the cookie pieces
- Scoop the ice cream into the pie plate and spread gently so the crust stays put
- Mix the cocoa powder into the whipped topping and spread over the ice cream. If you move your spoon in a circular motion, you can easily make little peaks so it doesn’t look messy
- Freeze for at least 30 minutes or until you’re ready to eat it!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
This is by far one of the best things we made on vacation last week! And we made a lot of delicious stuff. I’m not the hugest cake fan (a little dry for me) but pair it with pudding, whipped cream (or cool whip in this case) and something sweet and crunchy and I’m SOContinue reading “Triple Chocolate Trifle”
As the weather gets warmer, I transition from using the oven weekly to bake to the freezer. Yogurt bark is one of the greatest food discoveries ever and I’m bummed I didn’t know about it sooner. Greek yogurt + homemade granola + berries = mouth party. And it’s perfect when you need a sweet snackContinue reading “Strawberry Granola Greek Yogurt Bark”
This has become one of my favorite on-the-go breakfasts or snacks! It’s honestly like dessert that takes 60 seconds to whip up. What’s better than that? Enjoy by itself, with fruit, granola, or sweet pita chips. Also ahhhmazing with whipped cream! Fueling notes: Greek yogurt provides 1/3 of your daily calcium needs and 20+ gramsContinue reading “Greek Yogurt Chocolate Mousse”
This was going to be my birthday dessert for my 25th this past week. We’d juuuust gotten the keys to our brand new, first ever home (ahhhhh) and were over the moon ecstatic about spending our first night there camping style (because we have to repaint next week before we move in all the furniture).Continue reading “Very Berry Vanilla Trifle”