So we inherited five chickens (and a garden) with the house we closed on about two months ago! We named them Hen-Solo, Meg-hen, Henneth Paltrow, Dolly Part-hen, and Hei Hei (seriously so proud of myself).
They’ve kinda become my favorite thing! Hei Hei is missing at least half her feathers since she’s at the bottom of the pecking order. She’s resilient though and after lathering her in Vaseline and blue iodine didn’t help, we started to separate her (she lives in the garden during the day now).
Anyways, we usually get 4 eggs a day which is realllllly hard to keep up with! Which is exactly where this recipe came from. Frittatas are SO easy to make and there are a million and a half different flavor options.
This also makes for an easy and delicious breakfast burrito! I put a piece of frittata on a tortilla, add shredded cheese, and microwave for about one minute.
- There are about 12 grams of protein per serving (for a total of 8 servings)
- Pre-workout: pair with carbs and veggies 2-4 hours before a session
- Post workout: have at least 2 servings plus carbs and veggies within 1-2 hours of your session
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 ounces of frozen spinach, thawed (microwaved is the easiest)
- 8 eggs
- 2 handfuls of cheddar cheese
- Splash of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drizzle of oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Grease 9 inch pie plate with a drizzle of vegetable oil
- Beat the eggs and milk in a mixing bowl
- Mix in the diced onion, spinach, cheese, and salt and pepper
- Pour mixture into the pie plate and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until set in the center
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @bitebetanutrition on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
Every evening, I pack breakfast, lunch, and snacks to bring to the hospital for the next day. The trickiest thing about planning breakfast is the protein for sure. These egg cups are a great solution! They taste delicious, are easy to reheat (or honestly taste good cold in a pinch). Also packed with protein, andContinue reading “Easy Egg Cups”
My friend, this stuff is the bomb! It’s the most complete form of protein (eggs) and plus an incredibly yummy fat (avocado) and the outcome is heavenly. Plus it is SO quick and simple. Which honestly a must for me with my busy life! I love packing this into a sandwich or pita or wrapContinue reading “Avocado Egg Salad”