I am all about pizza in any shape or form. On a pita, in a pocket made out of a tortilla, on stale Italian bread, and now on a bagel!
All of these options are super delicious and only take a few minutes to throw together.
You can keep it classic with just sauce and cheese or get as ambitious as you want with the toppings.
- Per bagel (without extra toppings) this recipe packs 32 g of carbs, 11 g of protein, and 4 g of fat, and 2 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: have at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein! Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 1 bagel
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Onions, green onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, fresh garlic, spinach, olives, peppers, broccoli
- Cooked chicken (pro tip: put under the cheese so it doesn’t dry out)
- Sausage (chicken or regular)
- Ham or bacon (turkey or regular)
- Bleu or goat cheese (SO freakin good)
- Dollops of ricotta cheese
- Spices like onion or garlic powder and red pepper flakes
- If you’ll be using an oven, preheat it to 350 degrees. You can also use a toaster oven or a skillet + lid.
- You probably know how to make a pizza, but just in case: spread the sauce on the pita then add the cheese and toppings.
- Cook for around 10 minutes in the oven or toaster oven or for about 3-5 minutes on low heat in a covered skillet until the cheese is melted.
- Enjoy your mini piece of joy!
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I’m really bad at picking favorites. It kind of stresses me out because I’m pretty multi-passionate and love a lot of things! But hands down, homemade pizza is definitely one of my favorite foods. Growing up, we made pizza almost every Friday night and I loved it. When Zach and I were planning our wedding,Continue reading “Homemade Pizza”
Pizza is hands down one of my favorite foods. But I often don’t have the time or energy to make pizza from scratch every time I want it. Enter the pita pizza. This is the perfect way to make delicious pizza in 10 minutes flat. All of the things you love about homemade pizza withContinue reading “Pita Pizza”
What tastes better than pizza? Pizza in the back-country after a long day of canoeing. I first discovered back-country pizza alternatives in the Adirondacks back in my college summers when I led 11-day trips. I 100% brought back to the front-country because who doesn’t like delicious, quick pizza burritos? They were always a massive hitContinue reading “Pizza Pockets”
Homemade pizza is hands down one of my absolute favorite foods! Growing up, we made it almost every Friday night using this very pizza dough recipe. I’m the sort of person that enjoys the ability to be spontaneous. I like to have both staple ingredients and DIY decor or construction supplies so that when IContinue reading “Bread Machine Pizza Dough”