I love making these when we have leftover ham! They are delicious, easy to reheat (or honestly taste good cold in a pinch) and packed with protein. I’ll put these in breakfast burritos or pair with a bagel or toast for those carbs!
- Each egg cup packs ~10 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat
- Pre-climbing this would be best paired with as much carbs as you’re hungry for at least 2 hours before a session to give you enough time to digest
- Post-climbing pair each cup with 30-40 grams of carbs for that 3-4:1 carb to protein ratio
- A dozen eggs
- 1/2 onion, diced
- A handful of shredded cheddar
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup of diced ham
Optional add ins:
- Veggies: tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms, peppers, olives, spinach, kale, broccoli, asparagus
- Spices: garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a muffin tin
- Whip up 12 eggs, the onion, and a dash of salt and pepper and add the mixture to a muffin tin. They’ll be quite full but don’t panic!
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon of ham into each cups
- Top each cup with a sprinkle of cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees around 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed up and firm to the touch
- Remove from oven and use a knife or spatula to loosen the edges and remove from the pan. Refrigerate any leftover egg cups or freeze for later
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other recipes you might like
Nothing like a delicious breakfast that comes together in less than 10 minutes am I right? Breakfast burritos are perfect for leftover baked or roasted potatoes or home fries but you can also cook some up quick. You can include any extras like veggies or protein (sausage, ham, bacon). Get creative with the cheese asContinue reading “10-Minute Breakfast Burritos for 2”
French toast is one of the best breakfasts out there, but sometimes I’m not up for all of the work. Sure it’s not that time-consuming but there’s mixing and soaking and plopping and watching and flipping and a couple rounds before it’s all done. That’s why this casserole is so great! All the deliciousness ofContinue reading “French Toast Casserole”
This was such a delicious and easy weeknight meal! I don’t know how I haven’t made a potato bake before but it 100% is going to be a Jorritsma staple. I can’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow! I’ve been trying to cook more potatoes recently and have been loving it.Continue reading “Cheesy Mashed Potato Bake”