One pan meals are the best! You just throw everything in the Pyrex, stick it in the oven and then forget about it until it’s ready. And there’s only one pan to wash!
- This makes about four servings
- You can use pork sausage, chicken sausage (lower in saturated fat), kielbasa, or a plant-based protein alternative
- If you want to shake things up, sweet potatoes make a nice addition!
- Per serving, this recipe packs 58 g of carbs, 17 g of protein, and 20 g of fat (for regular sausage)
- Pre-workout: have at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein! Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 8oz bag of baby carrots (or 3-4 medium carrots, chopped)
- Half pack of Italian sausages
- 3 pounds of potatoes, diced
- One onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Drizzle of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Drizzle a 13×9 Pyrex with oil
- Add carrots, potatoes, onion, and garlic
- Prep and add sausage (you can remove the skin from the sausage and break up into bite-sized pieces, slice it, or leave them whole but they may need longer to cook)
- Sprinkle everything with salt and pepper
- With a spoon, mix the ingredients in the pan to coat with oil and spices
- Bake and stir every 15 to 20 minutes for 1 hour or until potatoes are soft and the sausage is cooked through
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I’ve been in a serious recipe rut lately. Life has been a little crazy and cooking regularly took a back seat. But I’m getting back into the swing of things with some new, easy peasy, delicious recipes to keep us fueled during the week while also not taking up too much of my precious time!Continue reading “20-Minute Taco Soup”
OMG. I hit the jackpot with this macaroni and cheese recipe! I’ve always loved homemade mac and cheese, but I used to make a roux from scratch which involved mixing oil and flour and then adding in a little bit of milk at a time for forever! A roux makes a great base for anyContinue reading “Easiest Macaroni & Cheese”
Where are my taco lovers at? Seriously, a goal of mine is to to eat more tacos right now. They are quick to whip up, satisfying, and SO DELICIOUS! We’ve made these shrimp tacos a handful of times now and they are fast becoming a Jorritsma fav. Next I need to try chicken! And fajitas!Continue reading “10-Minute Shrimp Tacos for 2”
My dad is from Italy and my mom is from England so there are a lot of things I didn’t eat growing up (like chicken parm, most kinds of casseroles, and pasta dishes like beef stroganoff). It’s been super fun to explore new things so I’m always stoked about what we’re eating! Recipe notes: IfContinue reading “Easy Beef Stroganoff”
This was such a delicious and easy weeknight meal! I don’t know how I haven’t made a potato bake before but it 100% is going to be a Jorritsma staple. I can’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow! I’ve been trying to cook more potatoes recently and have been loving it.Continue reading “Cheesy Mashed Potato Bake”