Okay how did I not discover this earlier?! I love sunny side up eggs but I don’t always like making them. And you can scramble eggs in the microwave but you need to beat them and the bowl needs quite the soak afterwards or else you’ll have rock hard egg bits dried on for good. These poached eggs have none of the beating or the dried on bits and you can even get a runny yolk!
- Each egg packs 7 g of protein and 5 g of fat
- Pre-workout: have with as much carbs as you’re hungry for at least 2 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest
- Post-workout: pair 2-3 eggs with 40-80 grams of carbs (2 thick slices of toast, a bagel, 2 english muffins, etc) for that ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein within 1-2 hours of your session
- 2 eggs
- A couple tablespoons of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start toasting your choice of carbs (toast, bagel, English muffins, etc)
- Put a splash of water in a microwave safe bowl (I don’t measure it but it’s somewhere between a couple tablespoons and a quarter cup)
- Sprinkle in a dash of salt
- Drop in the first egg, place a plate on the top of the bowl, and microwave for about 30 seconds. Depending on your microwave and how done you want your eggs, they may need a few seconds more or less
- Use a regular or slotted spoon to scoop out the egg and place on or next to your carbs
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with egg number 2. Since the water is already hot, it will cook a little faster so keep that in mind!
- Sprinkle with pepper and enjoy
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
I love making these when we have leftover ham! They are delicious, easy to reheat (or honestly taste good cold in a pinch) and packed with protein. I’ll put these in breakfast burritos or pair with a bagel or toast for those carbs! Fueling notes: Each egg cup packs ~10 grams of protein and 10Continue reading “Ham & Cheese Egg Cups”
Nothing like a delicious breakfast that comes together in less than 10 minutes am I right? Breakfast burritos are perfect for leftover baked or roasted potatoes or home fries but you can also cook some up quick. You can include any extras like veggies or protein (sausage, ham, bacon). Get creative with the cheese asContinue reading “10-Minute Breakfast Burritos for 2”
This was such a delicious and easy weeknight meal! I don’t know how I haven’t made a potato bake before but it 100% is going to be a Jorritsma staple. I can’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow! I’ve been trying to cook more potatoes recently and have been loving it.Continue reading “Cheesy Mashed Potato Bake”