We didn’t really make traditional meatloaf in my family! My mom loved to throw in shredded carrots, oats, and corn and it was more of a bake than a loaf and so yummy. I recreated it here and it turned out SO good. Zach isn’t always a fan of the quirky things I grew up loving, but he was all for this one! It was super good with mashed potatoes.
- Per serving, this recipe packs 13 g of carbs, 18 g of protein, and 7 g of fat, and 2 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: pair with as much carbs as you’re hungry for at least 2-4 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest.
- Post-workout: Pair each serving with ~40-70 grams of carbs for that 3:4-1 ratio of carbs to protein within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1.5 lb lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Splash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Optional: bag of frozen corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl (feel free to use your hands!)
- Press mixture into a 13×9 pyrex
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 20 minutes then remove and bake for another 10 (if you want to skip the foil, bake for 40 minutes)
- Makes ~8 servings
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
One pan meals are the best! You just throw everything in the Pyrex, stick it in the oven and then forget about it until it’s ready. And there’s only one pan to wash! Recipe notes: This makes about four servings You can use pork sausage, chicken sausage (lower in saturated fat), kielbasa, or a plant-basedContinue reading “Easy Sausage, Potato & Carrot Bake”
OMG. I’m typing this seconds after my husband told me these are the best meatballs he’s had IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE! Talk about a kitchen victory! And here’s the thing! Turkey things like meatballs and burgers have a reputation for being sub par compared to the beef versions. I get it—I’ve had my fair shareContinue reading “Easiest Turkey Meatballs”
This was such a delicious and easy weeknight meal! I don’t know how I haven’t made a potato bake before but it 100% is going to be a Jorritsma staple. I can’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch at work tomorrow! I’ve been trying to cook more potatoes recently and have been loving it.Continue reading “Cheesy Mashed Potato Bake”
I’ll be honest—I wasn’t a fan of turkey burgers for a while. I felt like I was getting cheated out of a yummy beef burger most of the time. They were just dry, lacking flavor, and just not as tasty. Not anymore! You guys these are the easiest and most yummy turkey burgers I’ve made.Continue reading “Easy (Delicious) Turkey Burgers”