If you’ve got bananas constantly going bad on you, you’ve got to try these blender muffins! I personally don’t like bananas when they aren’t green anymore so I’m making blender muffins on the regular or throwing bananas in the freezer for smoothies.
- If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can swap the 2 cups of oats for a cup and a half of oat flour (which you could make with a coffee grinder) or regular white or whole wheat flour.
- Per muffin, this recipe packs 25 g of carbs, 3 g of protein, and 8 g of fat, and 2 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: eat these in the hour leading up to your session. If more than an hour before, pair with some extra protein/fat (like a cheese stick, nut butter, yogurt, etc) to keep you satisfied.
- Post-workout: pair each muffin with ~3-5 grams of protein (for that 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein) within 1-2 hours of your session
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
- Extra oats to sprinkle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Put all ingredients (except butterscotch chips) in a food processor
- Blend for a minute or two until smooth
- Pour the batter into greased or lined muffin cups and sprinkle with butterscotch chips and extra oats. You can also use 13×9 Pyrex or bread pan as well!
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool and then store covered in the fridge (these also keep well frozen)
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You May Like
If you are in need of some easy peasy delicious carbs to fuel with, look no further! These blender muffins are all that and more. Recipe notes If you don’t have a food processor or blender, you can swap the 2 cups of oats for a cup and a half of oat flour (which youContinue reading “Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Oat Blender Muffins”
Just when I think I’m out of blender muffin ideas I get another one! It was meant to be when we found zucchini on sale at Aldi too. These came out SO delicious and I couldn’t be more pleased. Seriously, if you haven’t tried blender muffins yet, you’re missing out! Now if you don’t haveContinue reading “Zucchini Blender Muffins”
My first ever blender muffins were banana oat and I fell in love! And when I had some leftover lemons to use up, my first thought was muffins. I LOVE the simplicity of blender muffins but I wasn’t sure how well these would hold up without the banana to bind everything together. Happy to reportContinue reading “Lemon Greek Yogurt Blender Muffins”
Looking for something to bake this weekend? You’ve got to try these super easy and yummy breakfast muffins! In the cooler seasons, I typically bake on the weekends and if we’re not careful, most of our breakfast/snack baked goods are gobbled up before Monday even hits because they are that yummy! It’s the best problemContinue reading “Apple Oat Breakfast Muffins”
Another week, another blender muffin recipe! Seriously, I am on a roll and there’s no signs of stopping! I can’t believe baking a few batches of deliciousness every weekend wasn’t my norm a month or two ago. I guess I’m going to have to transition to frozen yogurt bars once the warmer weather hits, butContinue reading “Pumpkin Oat Blender Muffins”
I am SO in love with blender muffins right now! How have I gone my whole life without them? This is kind the theme of my cooking/baking recently. I’m discovering so many beautiful delicious new things and it is so freakin awesome! If you’ve never heard of blender muffins (or breads) before, you pretty muchContinue reading “Banana Oat Blender Muffins”