This is my go-to bean salad and I’m busting it out as the weather starts to get warmer! The ingredients are always in my pantry and it comes together in just a few minutes. It’s so fresh, flavorful, and delicious and packs a punch when it comes to plant-based protein and fiber.
- I used white vinegar because the balsamic was 100% coagulated (whoops!) but any vinegar will do
- I also used vegetable oil but olive oil or another oil will do
- This recipe is great made ahead as the flavor only gets better with time and whipped up on the spot
- It makes about 4 1-cup servings or 8 1/2-cup servings
- Per 1 cup serving, this recipe packs 46 g of carbs, 14 g of protein, and 4 g of fat, and 12 g of fiber
- Pre-workout: have at least 3 hours before your session to give you enough time to digest. Add extra carbs or have a pre-session carb snack if possible.
- Post-workout: this recipe has the ideal 3-4:1 ratio of carbs to protein! Have post-workout meal within 1-2 hours of your session.
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 can navy beans, rinsed
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- Generous drizzle of vegetable oil
- Light drizzle of white vinegar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of thyme
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- Cover and store in the fridge.
Did you make it? I’d love to see how it turned out! Tag @climbingdietitian on instagram.
Other Recipes You Might Like
My friend, this stuff is the bomb! It’s the most complete form of protein (eggs) and plus an incredibly yummy fat (avocado) and the outcome is heavenly. Plus it is SO quick and simple. Which honestly a must for me with my busy life! I love packing this into a sandwich or pita or wrapContinue reading “Avocado Egg Salad”
Red onions + feta = one of my favorite flavor combinations in the world (and I’m the worst at committing to a favorite)! The sweet crunchy onions and salty feta cheese just make something magical together that is incredible with just about anything including grilled chicken. I usually make this dish chicken cutlet style butContinue reading “Grilled Chicken with Feta & Red Onion”
Where are my taco lovers at? Seriously, a goal of mine is to to eat more tacos right now. They are quick to whip up, satisfying, and SO DELICIOUS! We’ve made these shrimp tacos a handful of times now and they are fast becoming a Jorritsma fav. Next I need to try chicken! And fajitas!Continue reading “10-Minute Shrimp Tacos for 2”